By on 18/02/2014

There are two types of waste water drains – public and private. 

Private drains are those that run within the boundary of your property. The maintenance of these drain pipes are your responsibility until the point they exit the boundary (including gardens and driveways) of your property or connect to pipes serving another property. 

If private drains are blocked - call Drain Doctor Birmingham. They are your responsibility to clear.

Public drains, however, are the responsibility of the water company to maintain.

See the helpful diagram below which was published on Seven Trent Water's website.

Who is my local water company?

Drain Doctor Birmingham operate within the Seven Trent Water region which includes Birmingham, Worcester, Redditch and Solihull areas. 

Have a look at the map below to see if your property is also within the Seven Trent Water territory: 

If you have a problem with your drains - whether blocked, leaking, or unknown - you can call Drain Doctor Birmingham for professional help and assistance. See our services and contact us for more information. (Freephone: 0800 068 1445) 

A friendly, experienced advisor is waiting to help you fix your drainage problem.